Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Steelers!

Those of you who know me know that I am a big Steelers fan. Although growing up in SD i was made to watch the Vikings every Sunday. After a while I was fooled into thinking I was a Viking fan, so now I root for both of them. My dad said that he is a Viking fan too, but then why did we go to the Barn after church every Sunday instead of rush home and turn on the game? But if they play head-to-head I will take the Steelers everytime. Nonetheless, I will be rooting for both teams come this playoff time.
I don't give the Vikings much of a shot to make the Super Bowl but stranger things have happend and it depends on what team shows up, how well T-jack plays and if AP can hold onto the football.
The Steelers on the other hand have one of the best defenses of all-time as evidenced by only allowing 300 yards once this season, which is an NFL record. They also went 12-4 against what all experts agreed was the toughest schedule in NFL history. They played the Giants, Patriots, Chargers, Jaguars, Colts, Ravens twice, Eagles, Titans, Redskins, and Cowboys. Save for a botched hike on a punt and two tipped passes they would have probably beaten the Colts and the Giants. No excuses against the Eagles and the Titans they just kicked our tails. So this should be a fun and long playoffs for both of my teams but as the picture below shows, you see where my alliance falls.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soo...you're 'fooling' Owen into thinking he's a Steeler fan too? Maybe he'd rather go to The Barn for lunch.
I think we were Cowboys fans too for a number of years...Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Tom Landry.....
Brent

Jon and Ann said...

Hey, never thought of it like that. Well he asks to wear his Steeler's jersey so I think he made up his own mind. :)